National Ice Centre Reopening Update
We can’t wait to welcome you safely back into the National Ice Centre and hear the sweet sound of blades cutting the ice!
We’ve been working hard to make the venue Covid-Secure and we’ve received the ‘We’re Good To Go’ mark which highlights that we adhere to Government and public health guidance – we’re all set! Please ensure you understand the following guidelines before your visit to ensure the safety of yourself, our staff and our customers:
- A temporary public skating timetable has been put into place. Public skating sessions will be running at a reduced capacity and must be pre-booked & paid for in advance via our website. Cash will not be accepted at the venue.
- Public skating sessions will be limited to one hour.
- Upon booking, you will be asked to choose a time slot. Please ensure you arrive at the venue within this time slot otherwise you risk losing your place.
- Your online booking will be confirmed via email. Please have this email ready to show staff on arrival.
- Strictly one spectator per skater. Spectators can watch the ice rink from Encore Bar & Restaurant on level 2.
- In line with government guidance, you will be expected to wear a face covering inside the venue unless skating on the ice rink or eating/drinking in the cafe.
- We have applied robust cleaning regimes and one-way systems to ensure that skates and ice equipment are available to hire, lockers and toilets are available to use, and Encore Bar & Restaurant can open (weekends only) so please help us by following the signs around the venue and adhering to the guidelines.
- We welcome you to read our Covid-19 risk assessment. We have taken all reasonable steps to maintain a 2m distance but where employees cannot be 2m apart, we have done everything practical to manage transmission risk.
Skating Lessons and Ice Sports Bookings
You can book skating lessons and other ice sports activities the usual way via our website. Please refer to our FAQs for Covid/social distance related questions. If you can’t find what you’re looking for, please ask us via Facebook messenger or email prior to your visit.
Unfortunately, we are not currently taking bookings for birthday parties and group skating. The Warm-Up Zone and Sub Zero will remain closed until further notice. Encore Bar & Restaurant on level 2 of the venue will be open Friday to Sunday only with a reduced menu.
Please visit our recently updated FAQs page for further questions and answers.