Latest Venue Update
Last updated: 27 October
Nottingham will move into Tier 3 shortly but the National Ice Centre remains open. As a COVID-Secure venue we’ve been strictly adhering to COVID regulations and we’re proud to continue to operate a World-class skating facility. If you’re yet to visit us, here’s a rundown of what you’ll need to know.
Prior to your visit
- Public skating sessions must be pre-booked in advance via our website. Public skating sessions will run at a reduced capacity and they are limited to one hour.
- We recommend you view our one-way system video to help you understand the new way around the venue.
- We are scanning for test and trace so please ensure you’ve downloaded the NHS track & trace app. If you don’t have the app, our team will ask for your details.
Your visit – please help us to keep the venue safe and open!
- We ask that you arrive 20 minutes prior to your booking time to ensure you get into the venue to get your skates on & get your full hour on the ice.
- Don’t forget your face covering – you will be expected to wear this inside the venue unless skating on the ice or eating/drinking in the café.
- The new skating entrance can be found on Bolero Square, it’s on the far right hand side by the main wall of the venue (by the large Arena banners).
- Please have your online booking email ready to show staff on arrival. We will need to scan the tickets attached to your email so please open the attachment ready for scanning. We cannot scan screenshots. You’ll also need to scan your NHS app for test and trace purposes.
- By law there must only be a maximum of six people from the same household or support bubble in your group. Our team will speak to groups they believe to be larger than six. We’re just trying to keep everyone safe so unkind words or actions will not be tolerated.
- Please follow the one-way system and be mindful of social distancing.
Other things to note
- Skates are cleaned after every use.
- Every piece of ice equipment is cleaned after use.
- Skate hire, benches, cafes, toilets, sinks, lockers and touch points around the rink are cleaned down regularly. We’re doing everything we can to keep the venue clean and COVID-Secure.
What remains closed?
- The Sub Zero café remains closed until further notice.
- The Warm-Up Zone is not running until further notice.
- Due to the nature of social distancing & restrictions on group sizes, we’re unable to host Birthday Parties and group skating.
Have further questions?
Please visit our recently updated FAQs page for further questions and answers.