Latest Venue Update
Last updated: Thursday 15 April 2021
On 14 April we reopened our doors for the following ice sports activities:
Lessons and ice sports activities for Under-18s:
Please note, the cut off for under-18s is measured from 31 August 2020, in line with school years. So those who were under 18 on or before 31 August 2020 will be able to train.
Elite adult sport will continue as usual. This includes GB Short Track Speed Skating, Nottingham Lions, Vipers ice hockey, BIS National Squad Figure Skating and Ice Dancing.
What we’re hoping for in May…
Adult skating activities will be allowed to return no earlier than 17 May. This includes fully reopening for public ice skating for all ages. We’re currently working on a new public skating timetable and will share this with you soon.
Lessons for adults in May will be available to book online from week commencing 12 April.
Getting skaters back onto the ice safely remains our top priority and we’re confident we have all the necessary measures in place to welcome skaters back safely.
Just as we did before, we’ve made the venue COVID-Secure and have the ‘We’re Good To Go’ mark which highlights that we adhere to Government and public health guidance. You can also view our COVID-19 Risk Assessment in the footer of this website.
To ensure the safety of our staff and our customers, please ensure you understand the following requirements before your visit:
1. In line with government requirements, every single visitor aged 16 and over must check in to the venue using the NHS COVID-19 app. Just scan the NHS poster which will be on display at all entrances. If you are unable to do this, you must provide your name and contact details. We’re sorry but entry to the venue will be denied if you refuse to provide us with your details. The information will be stored for 21 days and data will be provided to NHS Test and Trace if its requested.
2. In line with government requirements, you will be expected to wear a face covering inside the venue unless skating on the ice rink or eating/drinking in the cafe.
3. If you’re accompanying your child to a lesson or ice sports activity, it is strictly one parent per skater.
4. We have applied robust cleaning regimes and one-way systems to ensure that skates are available to hire and lockers and toilets are available to use so please help us by following the signs around the venue and adhering to the guidelines.
5. We welcome you to read our COVID-19 risk assessment in the footer of our website. We have taken all reasonable steps to maintain a 2m distance but where employees cannot be 2m apart, we have done everything practical to manage transmission risk.
Have a question?
If you can’t find the answer you need in our FAQs, feel free to contact us via email or social media. We’re sorry but many of our staff remain furloughed or are working reduced hours so we will be unable to respond to queries during the weekends.