TERMS & CONDITIONS
These are the terms and conditions on which we sell tickets to you and which govern your attendance at the events. Please read these terms carefully before you submit your order to us. These terms tell you who we are, how we will provide tickets to you, how you and we may change or end the contract, what to do if there is a problem and other important information.
All tickets are sold subject to these terms and conditions. We are Nottingham Ice Centre Limited trading as the National Ice Centre (NIC) and Motorpoint Arena Nottingham (company number 3563341) (“we” / “us” / “our”). We are authorised to sell tickets for events (i.e. arena events, conferences, sporting events, sporting activities) as an agent on behalf of the promoter of the event (the “Promoter”), and act for our own sporting activities and events. These terms and conditions equally apply to the purchase of ice skating tickets.
You can contact us by telephoning our Box Office at 0843 373 3000 (calls cost 7p per minute plus your phone companies access charge, calls from mobiles may be higher, please check with your mobile provider), or writing to us at [email protected] / Box Office, National Ice Centre, Bolero Square, Lace Market, NG1 1LA.
If we have to contact you we will do so by telephone, text message or by writing to you at the email address or postal address you provided to us in your order.
These terms and conditions are available by request from our Box Office, and they are also displayed at the venue. Should you choose to purchase the optional ticket protection, our full Ticket Protection terms and conditions will apply to such purchase and can be viewed here.here.
- A contract for the purchase of your tickets will be formed between you and us when we email you to let you know that we have accepted your order.
- The price for your tickets (which includes VAT) will be the price indicated on the order pages when you place your order. You must pay for your tickets at the point of purchase using one of our accepted payment methods.
- Tickets will be issued to you either by email or post (depending on which option you have selected) at the email address or postal address you provided to us in your order. You can also select to collect your tickets from the Box Office prior to the event or activity.
- Please check your tickets carefully upon receipt and contact us immediately if there is a mistake, as tickets cannot be refunded or exchanged after their purchase, unless the event is cancelled or re-scheduled as set out in these terms and conditions.
- For all events (seated and standing), children under the age of 14 must be accompanied by an adult over the age of 18. Age restrictions may vary for specific events and should be checked prior to booking tickets. For ice skating tickets, all children under the age of 9 must be accompanied at all times by an adult over the age of 18 whilst on the ice rink. A maximum of four children under the age of 9 may be accompanied per adult.
Cancellation of an event
- In the event of a show/performance being cancelled or rescheduled, we will try to contact you as soon as possible to let you know. However you are responsible for checking the date and time of any postponed or rescheduled event. Your original ticket will allow you to attend the re-scheduled event.
- If you are not able to attend the re-arranged date and time, you may contact us to receive a refund for the tickets you have paid for but cannot use. We will refund you the price you paid for the tickets, less any delivery costs, by the method you used for payment.
- We are not liable for any additional costs or expenses you may incur in respect of a postponed or re-scheduled event - including, but not limited to, hotel or travel expenses.
Rules of entry
- A valid ticket must be produced to enter the event or activity. Removing any part of, altering or defacing the ticket may invalidate the ticket.
- Please take care of your tickets as we cannot issue duplicates of lost or misplaced standing or unreserved tickets.
- You cannot re-sell your tickets for commercial gain without express permission from us or the Promoter. If you do so, your ticket will be void and we have the right to refuse to admit the ticket holder to the event or activity or to eject the ticket holder from it without a refund. Customers should be aware that tickets sold from unofficial sources may not be valid.
- It is against the law to smoke on the premises. Smoking will lead to ejection without a refund. Our policy does not permit the use of electronic smoking substitutes.
- The unauthorised use of photographic and recording equipment (whether audio or visual) is prohibited. The use of tablets (i.e., iPads, Galaxy, etc.), laptops, professional cameras with a detachable zoom lens, and Go Pros are not permitted in the venue.
- We and/or the Promoter may conduct security searches during the event or activity. We and/or the Promoter may refuse admission to, or eject, the ticket holder if the ticket holder refuses to be searched, or in our (and/or the Promoter's) reasonable opinion, admission of the ticket holder to the venue might be a risk to the safety of the audience or the ticket holder, or affect the enjoyment of the audience or the running of the event (for example if the holder appears to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs or is acting aggressively or anti-socially). No refunds will be offered to customers in these circumstances.
- Customers are expected to adhere to the latest venue health, safety and welfare guidelines (for example, any distancing measures, or the wearing of face coverings). Up to date information will be listed on our websites www.motorpointarenanottingham.com and www.national-ice-centre.com. You should follow relevant public health guidance at the time of the event, this may have changed since point of booking and include providing evidence of testing and or vaccination status in line with UK Government guidance.
- No food, cans, bottles, or alcohol may be brought into the venue. Only food and drink purchased in the venue may be consumed in the venue, except in limited circumstances on proven medical grounds and after advising the venue in advance.
- Bottle tops may be removed from bottles you purchase in the venue for safety reasons. Drinks may also be decanted into plastic cups.
- No illegal substances, legal highs, pyrotechnic articles, lasers, glass items, glow sticks, banners wider than shoulder width, crash helmets, glass items, perfume bottles or other liquids, spiked bracelets/belts, selfie sticks, weapons or offensive items may be brought into the venue. Only handbags and other small bags (no bags larger than 35cm x 40cm x 19cm) and handbag sized umbrellas are allowed in the arena. No lockers or cloakroom facilities are available at the venue, and we reserve the right to confiscate any prohibited items. No musical instruments will be permitted into the venue with the exception of those being used in the 'noisy block' during ice hockey games.
- We operate a Challenge 21 Policy. Please be aware you may be asked to produce accepted ID such as a driver's licence or valid passport. We will confiscate and retain false IDs and we may contact the police.
- If you experience problems please contact Box Office, or a steward, so that the issue can be resolved prior to, or during, the event or activity.
- Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event or activity, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
- Official merchandise is only available from authorised vendors in the venue.
- As members of the audience, you consent to being photographed, filmed and/or sound recorded for broadcast and/or publication, without payment. For ice skating and some specific sporting events, the use of personal photography or filming equipment is not permitted without the completion of the relevant authorisation form. The relevant authorisation form is available from our Box Office and must be completed in advance of the event or activity.
- Animals are not permitted in the venue (except Assistance Dogs).
- Please note strobe lighting, show smoke, pyrotechnics, foam or lasers may be used during events. Sound levels may be loud. Hearing protection is available on request. We strongly advise that children attending Events wear suitable hearing protection. It is your responsibility to determine the most appropriate hearing protection for you and any children who are attending an Event with you.
- Floor seats are on flat flooring. Please be aware people may stand or dance in front of you in a seated area, both tiered seating and flat floor. No refunds will be offered in the event your view is restricted in these circumstances.
- Tickets are sold subject to our and/or the Promoter's right to alter the support artist line up or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond the control of us and/or the Promoter without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets. We will notify you of any alteration or variation to the programme as soon as possible. The Promoter is responsible for the quality of the performance, including sound and staging.
- We and the Promoter reserve the right to provide alternative seats at an event to those specified on the ticket if the staging of the event reasonably requires, provided they are of no less value to that stated on the ticket.
- We reserve the right to cancel or suspend a skating session at any time on the grounds of public safety.
- WARNING: Ice hockey can be dangerous. Spectators are warned to keep an eye on the puck(s) at all times as the puck(s) may leave the ice and travel into public areas. Spectators should only access and leave their seats when play is stopped.
Other important information
We accept liability for:
- The injury to or death of persons caused by our negligence and/or the negligence of our employees, agents or sub-contractors;
- Any other matters which we cannot by law restrict or exclude.
We will be responsible for:
- Loss or damage that is foreseeable as a result of our breaking this contract or failing to use reasonable care and skill. Loss or damage is foreseeable if either it is obvious that it will happen or if, at the time the contract for the purchase of your tickets was made, both we and you knew it might happen; and
- The reasonable cost (subject to fair wear and tear) of either replacing or repairing any property which is lost or damaged because of negligence by us, our employees, agents or sub-contractors (but not any other third party).
Subject to clause 5.1, we will not be responsible for:
- Any losses which are not caused by any breach by us;
- Business or trade losses (including, without limitation, loss of profits);
- Losses or damages caused by the Promoter where we act as the Promoter's agent; and/or
- Losses or damages caused by events beyond our reasonable control.
- We shall not be liable for the quality of the sound and/or performance of any event where we do not have control over the same.
- Nothing in these terms will affect your legal rights.
- We may transfer or rights and obligations under these terms to another organisation. We will always tell you in writing if this happens and we will ensure that the transfer will not affect your rights under the contract.
- This contract is between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms.
- Each clause of these terms operates separately. If any court of relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining clauses will remain in full force and effect.
- These terms are governed by English law and you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the tickets sold in the English courts. Alternatively, if you live in Scotland you can bring such legal proceedings in the Scottish courts or if you live in Northern Ireland you can bring them in the Northern Irish courts, instead.
- We accept liability for:
Prize Draw Terms and Conditions
- Winners are selected at random from all eligible entries received by the closing date. Entries received after the closing date will not be entered into the prize draw. The selection is final and the winner will be contacted by telephone or email within a week of the competition closing date. If the winner is given the chance to select a show, please be aware that some shows or events may be sold out and tickets will not be available.
- The prize is not transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash.
- The prize is awarded conditionally upon acceptance and if a winner is unable to be contacted after a reasonable period or if any prize is unclaimed or declined within a reasonable period, the prize shall be deemed as unclaimed or unaccepted and a supplementary winner may be drawn at Nottingham Ice Centre’s discretion.
- Only one entry per person allowed and all entrants must be aged 18 years and over. Entries not complying with the terms and conditions will be invalid and all employees of Nottingham Ice Centre Limited, their families, agents or anyone else connected with a promotion are excluded from entering the prize draw.
- The winner's name will be available upon written request to Marketing Department, Nottingham Ice Centre Ltd, Bolero Square, The Lace Market, Nottingham, NG1 1LA.The winner’s details and promotional photograph may be used for promotional purposes.
- The promoter of the prize draw is Nottingham Ice Centre Ltd, Bolero Square, The Lace Market, Nottingham NG1 1LA.
- Once signed up on the direct debit scheme for skating lessons, ice hockey lessons or tots skating lessons, you will need to give 28 days notice to cancel the payment. No refunds for lessons not used by the time of cancellation will be given. This includes general absences.